No, I'm not pregnant. I walked a 5K (5 Kilometers) for the second time in my life. The first one I did was a turkey trot (around thanksgiving) back in college. My husband and I walked together for extra credit in our Physical education class. I can't remember if we finish it. I'm sure we did only for the extra credit otherwise I would have never gone.
Last Saturday, I walked my second 5K in Glendale, AZ near the Cardinals stadium. I went with a friend from my ward. She ran and finished in 27 minutes. I walked the whole time and finished in 45 minutes. I don't know if the timing is any good but what I'm happy about is that I finished. I saw a few people take "shortcuts" almost at end of the finish line and I thought to myself: who are they kidding, I'm sure they are doing walking because they want too not because someone is making them too. Anyhow, I feel good about this accomplishment. I'm going to exercise frequently so I can be in shape for my next 5k.
 |
| 1/2 way there |
 |
| Almost at the finish line! |
 |
| Thristy, tired and hungry |
 |
| Maria & me |
Good for you! amiga..... nunca he podido hacer una pero me dan ganas.
ReplyDelete