Halloween came by fast this year. We, for the first time, carved our own pumpkins as a family. A friend gave Noah a mini pumpkin, which was so sweet of her! So he got to color his pumpkin with crayons. He loved his pumpkin. At first he thought it was a ball and kept rolling it an throwing it. Good thing it didn't break. Currently his pumpkin is in his room, on top of his dresser and it is facing him. How funny is that! Joe carved a scary spider on his pumpkin. He didn't want too but I convinced him to do something new in his pumpkin. Of course I had to draw it for him, but I was happy he carved it. I chose to carve a scary witch, which was fun! We put candles inside the pumpkins and they looked great! I, for the first time, made a craft for halloween, my own candy corn wreath. It was easy and cute and it fit perfectly in my door.
As always, I left the costumes until the last minute and it ended up fine. I chose for us to be smurfs this year. So Noah, Emma, and I were smurf and smurfettes. Joe refused to be a smurf; so, I decided he would go along with us as gargamel (the bad guy on the smurfs). I could not find a black robe for Joe anywhere that was cheap. He just had to wear a black t-shirt, black shorts, red socks and his tennis shoes because I knew I would not find red tennis shoes either. I bought everything blue for the kids at walmart for $1. Walmart had a sale on the kids clothes, so it was perfect! I made the hats from one of Joe's white t-shirts. Noah wore Emma's white tights. For me, I wasn't as lucky as with the kid's costumes. I bought my blue tights, blue shirt, and white shoes at Ross for $13. I found my white dress at a garage sale for $1. That was lucky!
We started trick or treating on Tuesday. The library had a halloween activity for the kids. First we sang songs and then went on the trick or treating getting some candy, bookmarks, silly bands, etc. On Saturday, we had the ward's trunk or treat. We ate some good chili, went on a walk cake, and then we had the trunk or treat. All the trunks were decorated, we even decorated ours...haha we have never done it before. The coolest trunk was probably the one that had Ms. Peanut and an elephant. The elephant's trunk was the arm of one of the sisters. It was a super cute idea! Noah and Emma absolutely loved the elephant trunk.





La familia Pitufo, esta es mi favorita,la mama pitufa y sus pitufitos,
ReplyDeleteToo cute! I didn't know you had a blog!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWay cute Lucia! I loved the Smurf's costume's! I must say though, the picture of Emma smiling during the pumpkin carving is so adorable and she is all you Lucia! Such a beautiful girl!
ReplyDelete